For Thanksgiving every year my mom and I bake cheesecakes for Thanksgiving dessert. We make this amazing guava cheesecake and chocolate chip cheesecake. I wanted to show y’all the guava one, because it’s special to my family since we are Cuban. Cubans absolutely love the fruit guava. It’s very sweet and sometimes too sweet for some people pallets. Also, this recipe is actually for a new york style cheesecake, but my mom and I have altered it to add the guava jelly to add our special Cuban flavor! I’ve set up a slideshow to show you the process of making this delicious wonder.
Yields 3 cheesecakes; Prep time: 15 mins; Total time: 4 hr. 55 mins.
- 1 Goya guava paste (21oz)
- 3 ready graham crusts
- 5 packages of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until well blended.
- Add condensed milk; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until well blended
- Pour over crust
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set, cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or over night
I hope y’all can try this great treat! If you have an intense sweet tooth, I promise this will settle your sweets craving!