It was my one of my best friends 21st birthday the other day so I decided to make her some birthday cake pops. Cake pops have been a new trend in baking within the last few months, so I thought I’s try them out! (Please ignore the Halloween colors on the popsicle sticks…they were the only ones I could find.)
- Cake box mix (usually calls for 3 eggs as well, but depends on the box)
- Frosting of your choice
- 30 popsicle sticks
- Cook the cake according to the box instructions
- After the cake is done baking and cooled, take the cake out of the pan and put into a bowl. Using a fork, mash the cake until it is into crumbs.
- Mix 1 cup of frosting to the cake crumbs. This should make the cake crumbs stick together better.
- Using a tablespoon, roll crumbs into balls and place on a pan with non-stick foil or wax paper on top.
- Heat a little frosting and put on the ends of the popsicle sticks. Place them into the balls. This helps the sticks stay in the pops better.
- Place the pan with the pops in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After at least 30 minutes, heat more frosting and roll each cake pop into the frosting until fully covered or desired. After each pop, quickly add the sprinkles.
- Now they should be done and ready to serve!! Place leftovers in fridge.
Enjoy these wonderful treats! The great thing about cake pops is about 4-5 is equivalent to 1 cupcake. So don’t feel bad for eating multiple! For a full video on creating these cake pops watch here.